This is great, half the battle is won, you know that you should lift weights. The concern is real and legitimate, I will not try to convince you otherwise.
So what do I do?
Let’s take a look and discover what your goal is, “why do you think you should lift weights?”
Here are some great benefits of lifting weights:
- Strength: to feel strong and capable creates confidence in everything you do.
- Burn more calories: The bigger the “engine” the more fuel it uses. So if you’re trying to lose fat and trim down, whether it be 10lb’s or 100lb’s the more muscle you have the easier it will be.
- Delay Aging: By lifting weights your body must produce all those yummy hormones that kept us young looking and resilient in our 20’s and 30’s.
- Healthy Immune System: The more muscle we have on our body, the more resilient we are to injury and recovering from illness. Our body uses protein (muscles) to heal itself, the more you have the better you will recover.
- Feel and Look Better: This is a combination of the above. Mentally and physically you feel better, your outlook on life and how you see the world changes. You’ve accomplished things you thought you couldn’t. You’ve been consistent with something in your life that brings great reward. What could be better?!
Life isn’t waiting, and the time will pass anyway. So lets go get it! Start today.
- Steve Grant